Twelve services to tackle citizen science challenges
- Authenix is a service that facilitates compliance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) by providing unique user IDs to overcome data silos in independent citizen science platforms or services. Download the infographic.
- Cos4Env is an online portal that integrates environmental data from multiple citizen observatories in one place so that anyone can get access to an enormous quantity of data. Download the infographic.
- Cos4Bio is an online portal that integrates biodiversity observations from multiple citizen observatories in one place. This way, people who validate the observations will save time in the species identification process and access an enormous number of biodiversity data. Download the infographic.
- DUNS (Data Use Notification Service) is a centralised service to (1) register usage of the citizen science observations downloaded from the Cos4Bio and Cos4Env portals and (2) make this information available to the citizen observatory the observation comes from. The aim is to help make citizen observatories aware of how their data is used and reward their users’ contributions. Download the infographic.
- MOBIS is a service to create integrative citizen science apps where you can report all your environmental and biodiversity observations in one Android or iOS app. Download the infographic.
- MECODA (ModulE for Citizen Observatory Data Analysis) is an online tools repository to facilitate the analysis and viewing all sorts of citizen science data. Download the infographic.
- FASTCAT-Cloud is a website to upload and analyse all your nature videos and pictures captured by camera traps and receive only information on relevant images and recordings of wildlife activity and quickly identify the species names with Artificial Intelligence (AI). Download the infographic.
- FASTCAT-Edge is a service to build your own smart camera trap to record only videos and pictures of wildlife activity and quickly identify the species names. Download the infographic.
- Pl@ntnet-API is an API to integrate Pl@ntNet’s visual identification engine into your app and improve your users’ experience. Download the infographic.
- AI-taxonomist is a service to integrate automatic identification tools customisable to your citizen science project needs: help your users identify the species from a picture. Download the infographic.
- AI-GeoSpecies is a service to integrate artificial intelligence into your citizen science app to predict which species users will find in a particular area. Download the infographic.
- Biodiversity-DL is a service to create a training set on a particular group of living organisms for machine learning applications. This way, any developer or data scientist working on a citizen observatory will be able to train an Artificial Intelligence (AI) model to identify a particular group of species very easily. Download the infographic.
All these services are or will be available in the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC) Marketplace.