Exploring marine biodiversity through citizen science
UrbamarBIO is a citizen science project to explore the marine biodiversity of coastal urban areas in Barcelona, Sant Adrià del Besós and Badalona (Catalonia, Spain), strengthening the links between citizenship and urban natural resources, thus increasing the feeling of relevance and co-responsibility in its preservation. and conservation.
This project gives the possibility for citizens to collaborate in the research of urban marine biodiversity, through free snorkelling and diving sessions and with a simple protocol of citizen science in the Natusfera platform. In this way, the species that can be found on its beaches are known, as well as the state of these.
- Bringing science closer and stimulating citizen participation in scientific processes and data collection,
- Encourage experimentation and practical science among the youngest,
- To promote a sustainable use preservation of coastal zones,
- Improve the knowledge of urban biodiversity,
- Create the first photographic guide of the coast of Barcelona made through citizen participation.
- Anèl·lides Serveis Ambientals
- Collaborators: FECYT, Cos4Cloud (ICM-CSIC), Ajuntament de Barcelona, Centre de la Platja, Oceanogami